I saw a TikTok video talking about how these Fabulous Bakin Boys cupcakes have been discontinued. Up until that point I never thought about them but that video unlocked a memory, I used to love these. I don’t know why the brand is no longer around, I swear they use to have so many products but at some point they just ran off……in silence…..I had to find out through a random man’s TikTok. I’m a little hurt.
Anyway, I wanted to try and recreate them but also make them a little better. Are these just plain cupcakes with chocolate on top……yes. So I guess there wasn’t really a need for this recipe but here we are!!
Fabulous Bakin Boys Cupcakes
Makes: 9 Cupcakes
- for the cupcakes:
65g soft unsalted butter
(margarine works too)
60ml vegetable oil
125g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
125g self raising flour
- for the chocolate topping:
280g milk chocolate
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- start by pre-heating your oven to 180c/350f
- add the butter, oil, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and beat these together for 5 minutes on high speed. if you're doing this by hand, just beat it for as long as you can
- whisk in both the eggs, then add the flour and milk. mix until you get a smooth batter
- add this batter into your cupcake cases. typically you would fill cupcake cases 3/4 of the way full, for these you want there to be room for the chocolate, so fill them a little less than half way
- bake these for 15-20 minutes, just until a toothpick comes out clean
- once they have baked and cooled down you can add the chocolate topping. to make it just add the chocolate and oil into a bowl and heat in the microwave, at 15 second intervals, until the chocolate has melted
- pour this over the cupcakes, you want the chocolate to reach the top of the cupcake liner
- let this set in the fridge and then enjoy!
- you can also use plain/all purpose flour for this. just use the same amount and add 1.5 tsp of baking powder!!